Balance between the plant and its environment
is the foundation of proper operation of the company.
Success is possible only when our actions
take into account the interests of current and future generations
Integrated Quality, Environment and Health and Safety at Work Management System was implemented and certified in Zakłady Magnezytowe “ROPCZYCE” SA, in accordance with the following standards: ISO 9001:2015; ISO 14001: 2015; PN-N -18001:2004. Policies for the following were determined: environment, quality and health and safety at work.
WE PROTECT THE NATURE
Since the beginning of operation, Zakłady Magnezytowe “ROPCZYCE” SA has been making intensive efforts aimed at minimising interference with the natural environment.
The environmental policy is based on the principles of sustainable development and its purpose is to ensure technical and organisational conditions for limitation and monitoring of the impact of the Company’s business on its surroundings. We are firmly committed to protect the surrounding nature, human life and health, and to mitigate the effects of climate changes. We carry out investment tasks involving implementation of innovative and eco-efficient technology for production of refractory materials.
We do not exceed the allowed limits established by law in respect of individual elements of the environment.
In our Company the technical methods of environmental protection as a whole are based on the following:
- ensuring an effective and efficient material and resource management at respective stages of production process by returning dust and defective products to production processes in the same facility, which contributes to reduced demand for raw materials and helps to limit the amount of waste generated,
- use of high-efficiency dust-cleaning devices,
- reducing energy consumption by using heat recovery from thermal processes,
- making effort to improve the energy efficiency through the use of kilns cars with lower heat losses,
- efficient and cost-effective use of water by monitoring water consumption, and through the use of closed cooling water systems,
- maintaining machinery, equipment, and control and measurement instruments in proper operating condition,
- departmental procedures and instructions regarding preparedness for accidents at work and failures,
- the use of appropriate instructions for waste management
Zakłady Magnezytowe “ROPCZYCE” SA regularly takes actions related to quality, environment and health and safety at work. This is reflected in the implemented two-year quality, environment and the health and safety at work programs.
WE SEGREGATE WASTE
Our company has a system of segregation of waste. We carry out sorting of packaging waste that goes to recycling: paper, plastics, used printer cartridges.
We conduct activities aimed at reducing the amount of waste generated by:
- re-using for own use reusable packaging (pallets, big-bag)
- increasing recycling of paper and plastic packaging,
- recycling to production of defective products generated during production,
- minimization of waste going to landfill.
IN 2009 WE RECEIVED:
- Award for special attention to the quality of products from TÜV Rheinland Poland Sp. z o.o
- Certificate “Environmentally Friendly Company 2008” – National Ecological Competition under the patronage of the Minister of the Environment
IN 2010 WE RECEIVED:
- Certificate of participation in the project of the European Union CERAMIN: “Energy saving concepts for the European ceramic industry”.
Capital market institutions